Get rewarded for installing a ground source heat pump
Rewarded is obviously a very broad term that will vary from person to person. For some of our customers, the lifestyle choice of making a ground source heat pump installation to reduce their carbon footprint is enough of a reward in itself. However, there are several financial benefits to installing a ground source heat pump and I will discuss these now.
Renewable Heat Incentive
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) provides the installation owner with a payment for the heat that they produce. This is deemed based upon the annual heating requirements calculated by an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your property. There are two incentives available; one for domestic customers and one for commercial customers.
In order to access the RHI you will need to meet several criteria as follows:
- You must use a Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) registered installer.
- You must use MCS approved materials (e.g. heat pumps) for the installation.
- You will need to register for the payments with an energy supplier, . however, you do not have to receive you FITs from your current energy supplier. As such I recommend registering with a more environmentally conscious supplier such as Good Energy or Ecotricity. They are also very helpful energy suppliers and are worth switching to if you haven’t already.
- You will need an Energy Performance Certificate and a Green Deal Assessment (GDA). You will have to install loft and cavity wall insulation if recommended by the GDA before you can obtain the RHI, unless you can apply for insulation exemption.
- For the domestic scheme you must own or occupy the building.
If this sounds complicated, don’t worry, we can explain all of this with you in more detail.
Reduce your energy bills
– The Guardian, 16/11/13
With a coefficient of performance of 4, a heat pump would be generating 4kWh of heat energy for every 1kWh of electricity that it uses. This level of efficiency will not be matched by a conventional boiler. With the ever increasing cost of oil, this is particularly attractive for customers who are not on the mains gas grid. In addition, when combined with a solar panel installation, your home can be made effectively energy neutral and a step closer towards true self-sufficiency.
Get rewarded by Greenleaf Innovations!
The majority of our customers come as recommendations and we find that word of mouth after a job well done is the best way for us to reach new customers and enables us to keep our prices down.